Packaged AC Units
Packaged AC units are all in one HVAC systems. All components of these units lie within a metal cabinet allowing you to save space in your home. Meanwhile the furnace, air conditioner, and air handler are all installed separately. Also, these systems are compliant with many clean air standards. Our packaged units are excellent options for people with allergy & asthma trouble. Is this the right unit for you? Call us today for a free estimate (305) 458-5022!
Perks of Packaged AC Units
- Space Saving. Since all the components come in one package, they require much less space for installation. Thus businesses with small spaces can really benefit from these types of units.
- Accessibility. The compact design of these units make them easy to access. With the components all in once place, all repairs & maintenance are a breeze.
- Security. Their ability to be installed on roofs & in small areas make it harder for theft or vandalism to occur. You don’t want valuable copper wiring going missing.
Other Factors to Consider
- SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is a measure of how much cool air an AC can produce per energy unit. While most of our customers get units around 14-16 SEER, there are units that go up to 24 SEER which are more efficient. Therefore, the higher the SEER the more money you save in the long run.
- Refrigerant type, older units use R-22 while newer units use R-410A refrigerant. Due to reports of damage to the ozone layer by R-22, most people have moved away from it and embrace R-410A which is much more environmentally friendly.
- Humidity Control is important in a unit since our perception of heat directly correlates to levels of humidity in our home. For that reason, new systems such as the VRF have been implemented in units to produce more consistent temperatures.